Children's Yoga Teacher
is more rewarding than
introducing children to the world of
The Karma Kids Yoga Teacher Training is for anyone who loves working with children. Our course will provide fun-filled, engaging ideas that are beneficial for kids of all ages. Our method of teaching yoga to children incorporates the use of animated poses, props, music, art, games, storytelling and the imagination, to help stimulate their senses as well as stretch and strengthen their developing bodies.
The Karma Kids Yoga approach uses creative techniques to keep children of all ages engaged in their yoga practice. The unique style incorporates a lot of fun into each class, while encouraging kids to find their inner-peace. Join us to learn over 475 yoga poses, partner poses, group poses, yoga games and activities, breathing exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques, and more for sharing yoga with toddlers through teenagers! Join us and find your inner-child all over again and Come Play Yoga!
This course will cover:
Benefits of Yoga for Children
- Child-friendly yoga poses, partner poses, group poses, games, activities, themes, stories, breathing
exercises, relaxation and visualization techniques - over
475 poses and games!
- Partner and Group yoga poses and yoga games, for kids and families
- Creative ways to help build confidence, trust, teamwork, focus, concentration, and a sense of calm to get kids to relax and develop self-control
- Developing a yoga class that is fun, safe, effective
and engaging for toddlers through teens
- Incorporating props, music, art, stories, and age-appropriate
themes into children's yoga classes, birthday parties, and special events
- Teaching with confidence and creativity, patience and acceptance, with an open heart and an open mind
- Balancing the need for structure and freedom within each class
- Harnessing the energy in the room and being in the moment
- Tips for teaching yoga to children that support a fair, non-competitive
- Tools for dealing with restlessness and behavior challenges in a class
- Developmental considerations and cautions for toddlers through teens; understanding where they are in their lives
- How to successfully encourage and talk to children; how to communicate and inspire
- How to give positive and constructive feedback
- An opportunity to develop and present your own yoga class incorporating
your own creative ideas
- How to monitor kid trends
- Bringing out the child within you and having FUN!
Experience our interactive yoga asanas, yoga with songs, art, stories, games, activities, musical instruments, puppets, visualization and relaxation techniques for a successful children’s yoga class.
Even if you're already experienced in teaching yoga to children, this course is a great way to add innovative and fun ideas into your classes, keeping them fresh and engaging.
See Schedule of upcoming courses
Fees and Registration
Watch our video clip
Shari Vilchez-Blatt opened Karma Kids Yoga with only one thing in mind...children.
While teaching 18 kids classes every week, she quickly learned a lot from the kids and realized that there was a need for more. More ideas, more poses, more balance, more games, more challenges, more fun. It was then that she began to brainstorm to develop and create new everything to keep kids engaged. By moving her body into different shapes and figures that her imagination led to, Shari was able to create more yoga fun in her classes. And the kids love it! She continuously develops more poses, games and activities, thereby continuously growing the course curriculum and content.
Shari has trained over two thousand adults around the world to teach yoga to children. Most have started their own children's yoga programs.
Karma Kids Yoga works directly with Reach Grenada to provide quality training for teachers, caregivers, social workers, and other caring adults to be able to provide yoga to the children in Grenada. We provide the yoga component to the multi-dimensional, evidence-based approach so that the children of Grenada have every opportunity to be healthy in mind, soul and body.
This course is now offered as part of the Dance curriculum at Hunter College, NYC. Karma Kids Yoga also provides the Children's Component to YogaWorks 500-hour Teacher Training.
The hours for this course can be applied to Yoga Alliance 95 hour CYTC through Children's Yoga Teacher Training Collaborative.